President, Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), 2017 -
- As president, I lead one of Canada’s largest single industry Associations, with 120,000+ REALTOR® members, including brokers, agents and salespeople working through 100 real estate Boards and Associations across Canada.CREA works, on behalf of the property buyers, owners and sellers and REALTOR® members.
Vice-president, Canadian Real Estate Association, 2014 - 2017 (third term)
- As vice-president, I help to lead the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), one of Canada's largest trade associations, representing 100,000 real estate Brokers/agents and salespeople in more than 100 real estate Boards and Associations across Canada.
Certified Leadership Instructor/Facilitator
- CREA National Leadership Program (Leadership 200 and 300)
President, British Columbia Real Estate Association, 2007 - 2008
- Lead a 16,000 member provincial association through a period that saw the beginning of the U.S. credit and mortgage market crises, the downturn in the US housing market and the start of continuous bad news about housing in Canada.
President, the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver, 2004 - 2005
- Lead an 8,500 member organization through a period of intense change during the implementation of first new MLS® system in 50 years.
- Director, BC Real Estate Compensation Fund Corporation, 2004 – 2007.
- Member, CREA Audit Committee 2009, 2011
- Member, CREA Governance Committee 2010
- Member, CREA Task Force on Competition Bureau issues, 2005 – 2006.
- Member, CREA Professional Standards Task Force, 2005 – 2007.
- Member, Canadian Real Estate Association, Federal Affairs Committee, 2008 – present.
- Member, Canadian Real Estate Association Task Force for the Code of Ethics, 2004 – 2005.
- Advocated for legislative changes to increase the Home Buyers’ Plan (RRSPs for down payment) withdrawal amount to $25,000 from $20,000.
- Advocated for changes to the Income Tax Act to allow capital gains rollovers for owners of small rental apartments.
- Helped to ensure there was widespread understanding and compliance with Competition Law; Do-Not-Call legislation, Privacy Legislation and Trademarks.
- Advocated for, and participated in a new Real Estate Services Act.
- Advocated for raising the price threshold for the Property Transfer Tax First-time Buyers exemption program; and for making significant changes so that more buyers qualified for exemption.
- Advocated for raising the price threshold for the Home Owner grant.
- Advocated for lower business tax rates; for education of REALTORS® on chemical and labs and grow ops; for “EcoDensity” – small coach homes in laneways, smaller duplexes on single family lots; higher density around transit.
Instructor BCREA Professional Development Program
What Brokerages and REALTORS® Need to Know About Agency
An expert in the obligations of agency representation, Andrew teaches this mandatory course which focuses on the important relationship between brokerages, their licensees and the buyers and sellers they represent.
Ethics: Unlocking the REALTOR® Code
Known for his ethical principles, Andrew also teaches the differences between ethical and legal standards and ensures students understand their individual and collective responsibility to protect our profession’s reputation.
Licensed in 1983. I’m vice-president and general manager of a multi-office company with 1038 licensed REALTORS® and 2011 dollar volume of $6.35 billion and 6,643 closed transactions on 7,900 opened transactions in 2011 (this is up 9.5% from 2010 in terms of number of units). I lead company planning, budgeting, staffing, education and training.
- Born and raised in Vancouver
- Licensed REALTOR® since 1983
- BC Children’s Hospital fundraising
- Canadian Human Rights Museum
- Covenant House
- REALTORS® Care
- Medallion Housing Society
- “Beautifying Richmond.” Royal Pacific was the first organization to participate in a beautification program for Richmond, BC and we’re received accolades from the City for picking up litter so our City sparkles for the 2010 Winter Games.
- Tapestry Foundation
- Bachelor of Commerce (Urban Land Economics), The University of British Columbia, 1983.
- Member, Real Estate Institute of Canada (FRI)
- Member, Real Estate Institute of BC (RIBC)
- Member, Council of Real Estate Brokerage Managers (CRB)